As a Partner of the firm since 1982, Greg Mott has the knowledge and experience to give clients sound and thorough counsel in all aspects of divorce law, including matrimonial, custody, family and separation agreements. Greg Mott has been recognized as one of the Best Lawyers in America for twenty consecutive years, one of New York’s Super Lawyers and Top Attorneys in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
Trained as a divorce mediator by the American Arbitration Association, Greg Mott utilizes his skills in collaborative family law to resolve issues when appropriate. As a Certified Public Accountant, Greg Mott’s broad accounting knowledge provides an added benefit to his matrimonial clients.
Greg Mott has successfully litigated cases throughout Monroe, Allegany, Broome, Erie, Genesee, Livingston, Onondaga, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne and Yates counties, and has successfully represented clients in some of the most difficult New York State and interstate custody cases.
Greg Mott has also presented seminars for the New York State Bar Association on the following topics: Property Valuation in Divorce Cases; Tax Consequences in Divorce; Valuation of Degrees & Licenses; QDROS (Qualified Domestic Relations Orders); Pensions; and Preparations for Divorce and Custody Trials.
“I recognize that each case is unique and I work closely with each client to design a customized approach that will help them achieve their goals. Whether through collaborative family law or litigation, I am committed to protecting the best interests of my clients.”
Areas of Practice
AV Rating with Martindale Hubbell
Admissions to Practice
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Monroe County Bar Association (Family Law Section – Former Chairman and Lecturer)
- New York State Bar Association (Family Law Section – Executive Committee, Lecturer)
- American Bar Association, Member
- Association of Collaborative Family Law Attorneys, Member
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Member
- American Arbitration Association, Mediator
- Town of Pittsford (Former Deputy Town Attorney)
- JD, Albany Law School of Union University
- BS, University of Rhode Island