KURT B. ODENBACH
Kurt Odenbach is an associate in the firm’s Banking, Business and Real Estate departments, where he concentrates his practice on commercial real estate, real estate development, and finance. Mr. Odenbach’s practice focuses on helping companies, individuals, municipalities and lenders buy, sell, structure, finance and lease commercial properties and projects. His experience includes:
- Drafting and negotiating commercial purchase and sale agreements, leases, construction and mortgage loan documents.
- Advising clients on business entity formation, including corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies in connection with purchase, sale, leasing and development of real estate.
- Examining title and surveys relating to commercial and residential real estate.
- Reviewing due diligence documents in commercial acquisitions, leasing, financing, and lending transactions.
Mr. Odenbach’s practice also includes representing family-owned and other closely-held businesses regarding all facets of the formation, ownership, operation, transfer, and termination of business entities. He has experience with a wide variety of legal matters, including: drafting, reviewing and advising clients regarding various transactional documents, including shareholders’ agreements merger agreements, asset purchase agreements, employment agreements, confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements, and other matters relating to the various stages of a business entity’s growth.
Mr. Odenbach has previous experience in representing banks in default-related issues.
Mr. Odenbach is also active in various charitable organizations in the Rochester community, serving as Corporate Secretary for Salty Dog Charities, and Corporate Officer for the Committee of 25, as well as founding and supporting an annual charity golf tournament to benefit a local children’s center.
Areas of Practice
Admissions to Practice
- New York State Bar
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Monroe County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- JD, University of Miami School of Law
- MBA, Ithaca College
- BS, Ithaca College