Careers : Real Estate Paralegal
JOB SUMMARY: REO Paralegal
This position primarily entails managing residential closings, with experience also necessary in litigation, foreclosure and bankruptcy. Responsibilities include intake, pre-closing, reviewing title work, preparing closing documents, Settlement Statements and funding/disbursing files to ensure timely closings, and issuing title policies and other post-closing duties
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Intake and set up files.
• Review title work to ensure timely closing of REO transactions.
• Cure title issues.
• Coordinate with client/seller, agent(s), lender and vendors to process closings.
• Follow up on late title work and/or title curative on clearing issues.
• Be able to take a file from contract execution through post-closing.
• Solve problems and offer solutions on files to assure closing within required timeframe.
• Submit payment approval requests to sellers/servicers for items placed on settlement statement.
• Communicate accurately and concisely with the client/seller, agent(s), lender, vendors, and county and municipal offices.
• Responsible for funding and disbursing escrows and balancing file.
• Draws instructions, balances closing, prepares documents for recording, issues checks and closing statements.
• Good understanding and familiarity with REO/Purchase/DIL/Short Sale transactions.
• Preparing and formatting memoranda, correspondence, and other legal documents.
• Filing pleadings physically or electronically with courts.
• Maintaining superior public relations with business associates and clients.
• Generate reports and follow-up on identified outstanding tasks.
• Must be motivated, able to multi-task, detail-oriented and personable.
• Must be able to work in a team atmosphere
• Must be able to manage and lead other staff.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum High School diploma or equivalent; Secondary education or some college a plus.
• Paralegal certification from an accredited institution preferred.
• Prior experience working as a Closer in a title company is essential for this fast paced position.
• 3+ years escrow/title closing experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of closing docs, and the ability to read and recognize special warranty deeds, loan documents, escrow documents.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with clerks or Judges in various courts.
• Must provide excellent customer service (internally and externally).
• Must be a self starter and possess excellent time-management abilities.
• Extreme attention to detail and ability to maintain and sustain ever changing schedules and spreadsheets
• Balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
• Ability to read and write for proof reading and editing purposes.
• Good understanding of policies and procedures of law.
• Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.